I think Darrell is greatly regretting asking Eric to pick up the latest Lidl leaflet on his way back from the school run ........
Let's just say that the pester power, as you can imagine, has now ramped up to a completely different scale, with the ice bath pool being the subject of great fascination, mainly because of the picture and musing as to how the gentleman has positioned himself in such a small looking receptacle. I've told Eric it's probably all Ai, the head added after!
..... with an additional water slide, various food shaped inflatables and a whole arsenal of Nerf super soakers!
Unfortunately we've had to rein the little fella's overwhelming enthusiasm in, I think questions might be asked in Parliament and this time not from our quarter .......
As for the inflatable kayak, that would save Eric at least forty minutes by paddling across the river straight over to the marina, rather than walking to Bertie's school? I'm afraid it's another no, not with the current level of canal boats tootling up and down. Eric is just too precious to us to even countenance the thought of such a treacherous journey, so we've told him we'll double his after school ice-cream money to make up for his disappointment! What are we like?
1 comment:
No doubt, old misery guts, upstairs, would put the mockers on it, too.
That kayak is worth considering. If you have enough puff (or an electric puffer) to blow it up. It would be fun, and save time, messing about on the river. (The Josh McCrae song comes to mind.)
I just checked - you can even buy folding kayaks, but you'd need somewhere to store it, either side of the river. Or a big padlock and chain, and leave it "parked up" on the side of the river? If that's allowed.
Post a Comment