Tuesday, 22 September 2026

Nature Reclaims It's Own ..........

One of the consequences of the scrapyard at the top of our estate moving out .......


 ..... 
is that nature has begun to take over and reclaim what had once been kept in check .....


...... including part of our beloved hedgehog artwork ......


....... that we'd all got soooooo used to. I'm sure Eric will have something to say about it .......


..... though I doubt very much he'll be calling for questions to be asked in Parliament, well, for the moment at least. 


The stuff under the bridge appears to be pretty well protected and therefore safe for the next little while .......


Perhaps the rigours of the autumn and winter weather will help hold back the tide of growth a little and kill off the more weed like foliage ........


....... to reveal the splendours is hidden behind them again.  If not, perhaps it will all become completely overgrown and forgotten about and then, in years to come, when someone decides what to do with the land beyond the bridge, it will be rediscovered and world widely acclaimed ......... a bit like Tutankhamun's tomb!!! 

3 comments:

Mr.D said...

I don't like the majority of graffiti, but I do like "your" hedgehog ones, more than most.

I don't like the majority of tattoos, either, but some simple ones are very good.

Mrs. D and I lived in Abu Dhabi, just after the Egyptian Arab Spring revolution. I worked with a few Egyptians, and I asked them if it was safe to visit, and they said it was, even though hardly any tourists were going. (About 10% of the usual numbers.)

We went to King Tut's museum, to see his mask, and, apart from a security guard, we were the only people in the room.

At the Valley of the Kings, we paid extra, to go into his tomb. Again, apart from a guard, we were the only people there. Then the guard left!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely thought there monkey - one day what we leave behind will be found. A pause for thought....what will they think of us...perhaps a debate for another day.....JantheFan X

Anonymous said...

You've been a well travelled man Mr D. JtF