Tuesday, 4 August 2026

A Hobnob If Ever There Was One!

Thanks to everyone, Derek is rapidly finding his feet, having slipped into our family (and Eric's wardrobe) almost seamlessly ......... he really is our chocolate hobnob!


We're pretty certain, that somewhere along the line, he and Eric must be brothers, several times removed, from another mother, Derek being the everso slightly fairer/paler one??  


However, we're thinking, to save a lot of confusion, especially in these early days, we ought to find them a couple of discreet initial badges, so they are a little more identifiable, especially to the uninitiated, while we also try to find Derek a new wardrobe of clothes that help reflect his own style rather than Eric's .......... a parcel, hopefully, is on it's way!

1 comment:

Mr.D said...

Another fine addition to Mum's Monkeys, and "Monkey News."

I love Hobnobs, too. Although I prefer plain ones to chocolate - to fully enjoy the "Hobnobishness" of them. (I think I've made up a new word.)

In my eyes, mum is certainly a plain Hobnob in a world full of digestives.

She's also a Walker's Shortbread in a world full of Malted Milks.