Thursday, 27 August 2026

Sad Repercussions

 Following on from Alice's mystery nuts yesterday ........


...... it has to be said that our hedgerows are currently overflowing with blackberries .........


...... however, unfortunately they all seem to be very small and undeveloped, dry, and pretty sour.  We're blaming the whole heatwaved summer debacle with it's corresponding lack of any rain to help juice them up.


So, no unfettered and merry family berry picking expeditions this year .........


....... which in turn will result in a very sad lack of Darrell's most excellent apple and blackberry crumbles in the freezer, to help warm and cheer us, when served for pudding of a Sunday lunchtime throughout the autumn and winter ........ bum, bum, bum, bum, bum!!!!

3 comments:

Mr.D said...

What a pity - especially missing out on the crumbles. Plus not doing the blackberry picking with Miss Iris and Master Bertie.

I have very fond memories of blackberry picking, when we were kids, although I thought it was later in the year.

Anonymous said...

Yes, seasons are strange as the years go by, blackberry week used to be the October school holiday - it's more late August these days...as good old Bob Dylan sings - The Times they are a Changing !.....and I'm not adding Happy Dayz.....! JantheFan x

Mr.D said...

I thought October half term, too, JtF.