Wednesday, 5 August 2026

Pamela Asks .......

Our lovely follower Pamela Asks: ....."Would you kindly post where you buy Eric and Derrick’s clothes from please? My Monty Wales needs trousers or shorts. I’ve made a pair but they’re very rough looking."


Well, what a very pertinent question Pamela as, to be honest, Eric has been allowing Derek to avail himself of his wardrobe since his arrived a couple of weeks ago, as all he really had with him was a towelling robe and a pair of shorts, which really didn't afford him much coverage or dignity.  


In the past most of Eric's clothes came from Build A Bear "Small Fry" range, but they stopped making them quite a while ago (sometimes available on Ebay, but very, very expensive), however, Derek's arrival has caused a feverish flurry to find some more  ......... 


....... and it seems Temu have come up with the goods (well, for jumpers at least)  when putting "Hamster clothes/outfits" in the search bar. We've had to return a few jumpers for being too tiny weeny, but so far, a hamster jumper 
(width 10cms, length 8 - 9 cms) comes up as a pretty good fit  We're going to look at shirts next.


However, on re-reading Pamela's query we see that it's trousers that are her problem .......


....... we've searched, but haven't come up with anything so far (our trousers are as per small fry). There is a company on Ebay called Splodge Teddies that sells clothes for 8ins teddies, although we measure approx. 7ins in length, they might be worth messaging?????? In the meantime has anyone else any other suggestions?

4 comments:

Mr.D said...

Sorry. No idea.

Can you buy woollens and wash them too hot, to shrink them? Although, if it doesn't work, you won't be able to return them.

I can see Eric in a toga, made from a cotton hanky. (I still use them.) As long as he doesn't suggest a toga party..... Animal House, starring John Belushi and Donald Sutherland, comes to mind.

Anonymous said...

I had crafters from Etsy knit me a jackets/trousers for a teddy bear with measurements I gave them and they've been perfect.
I have also used someone from folksy.com to sew me things in specific sizes too.
I think most needleworkers or knitters etc who make clothes for dolls/teddies that I have come in contact with are willing to give it a go if they have the measurements. One can only ask, just send a message - it's free and easy to ask and they can just say yes or no. JantheFan X

Anonymous said...

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1229448276/mini-clothing-size-15-16-cm-for-monkeys?gpla=1&gao=1&

Anonymous said...

Try looking up - mini bears clothes - on etsy