Oh my goodness, poor Alice was in quite a quandary after her walk this morning .......
...... the two beech trees, on the cusp of our estate, are just beginning to shed a most ample supply of nuts .......
..... giving a very satisfying crunch underfoot according to the ever incorrigible Derek and Eric.
However, poor Alice, always thinking of others, saw this as a wonderful opportunity for our lovely family of squirrels, Boris, Carrie and their children Wilfred and Frank, to build up a store of said nuts to "squirrel" away, to help them get through the winter, when food's a lot sparser on the ground ........
....... but how to let them know where such a bounty of food was waiting for them?
The last I heard, she was using all her feminine, womanly wiles to persuade Derek and Eric to help her to collect as many as they can muster, to then scatter over our communal garden fence for the squirrels to find, collect and hopefully hoard! What on earth is she like?
4 comments:
Well done Miss Alice. Aided and abetted by her (bespotted) besotted assistants,
When I lived in London, I planted a beech tree in my garden, to attract squirrels.
Oh well done Alice and woman after my own heart. JantheFan X
Wonder if your beech tree is still there Mr D. Perhaps you could have a look on Google Maps, you just never know!
I just checked, JtF, but it I couldn't see much, when I zoomed in close.
Post a Comment