Monday 15 April 2024

Nigel Does Malvern

Nigel is currently embracing the pleasures of Malvern .........


..... having booked to see Count Arthur Strong, another one of his coterie of favourite comedians almost a years ago now. 


He said the show was brilliant, however he's now quite conscious of the fact that these days he too can to slip into Count Arthur mode all to easily, when his words come out all wrong .......


.......... even though he knows exactly what he means to say. He's worst with names, calling me Darrell and Darrell me and even Alice gets roped, in getting called Iris or Lulu or even ....... Mum!


He says the air in Malvern is exceedingly rarefied, with some very serious looking walkers heading up for "them there hills" ..........


...... clad in very impressive looking, "proper" walking books and rucksacks, no doubt crammed full of Kendal Mint Cake for sustenance.


It's all very romantic in a Sound of Music type way, however, it has to be said that the little fella didn't hit the heights himself, tempting though it was, as the rigours of the school run are more than enough for him at the moment and, he reasoned, his ordinary footwear was probably not up to par for the rigours of challenge anyway..........


...... so instead he checked out the local charity shops and partook in the odd latte, iced bun and slice of exceptional carrot cake ........ admiring said hills from the their lower reaches .....


....... before heading up the steep incline to his hotel, the Foley Arms, 
of which more tomorrow.

4 comments:

Mr.D said...

I just watched a bit of the Count on YouTube and he made me laugh out loud.

He isn't quite the same as Professor Stanley Unwin, for those of a certain age. (Stanley Unwin, or is it Stanley Onion, Nigel?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RRv35Ig2mg

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm sticking with you young Nige for the carrot cake, then at least I've had one of my five a day. Thanking you kindly and no worries, I'll pay! JantheFan x

Anonymous said...

p.s. oh my goodness, thanks for the link Mr D - I've just watched it - my goodness he takes me back - happy days indeedy.

Mr.D said...

Glad you liked it, JtF!